Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Seahawks Schedule 2016


Seahawks

Week 4





Since we’re in the most dormant time for NFL teams, I thought I would go through the 2016 schedule. Maybe make my predictions. For team record anyway, single game predictions is just a crap shoot anymore. So here we go.



I’ll start off by saying I’m not a fan of where the bye week falls this year. Better than 2014 (week 4) but not by much. With the Seahawks needing to start fast, something they haven’t done the past two years, I can see us being 4-0 at the bye week, without too much gamble. I’m also not happy with the line-up of games (home vs. road). No home stand or road trips longer than two games. I’d like to see each team have at least a three game set on the road, and at home. But that’s just me.



Starting at home against the Dolphins, road trip to L.A., then back home against the Forty Niners, thankfully no 10:00 am PST starts till week 4 against the Jets. As long as the problems we’ve had against the Rams (4-4 over last eight) can go away, it doesn’t sound all that implausible to be 4-0 at the bye week. I’m not terribly worried about the Dolphins. After last years 6-10 record, and now having another new coach, its beginning to look like a revolving door down there. Then we get to make our maiden voyage to LALA land , to play the recently moved LA Rams. Should be fun, as I believe there have been a few Seahawk fans in Tinsel town during all these years without a team. As long as the aforementioned “trouble” Jeff Fischer gives us, or has given us in ST. Louis, stayed in St. Louis, we should be able to get a road win here. Especially if the Rams go with #1 pick Goff as their starter. Our defense should feast on the rookie.

Next we get the 49ers at home. This could be a telling game. Not as much for the Seahawks as the Niners. With Chip Kelly coming in to coach, it should be interesting to see if he stays with Gabbert or if Kaepernick might get a chance to shine again. With either, I think it’s too early to see much of a threat here. Week 4 at the Jets could be an interesting match up. Not following the Jets or the AFC East at all, I’ve not studied this team very much. Sounds like Coach Bowles may be on the hot seat, despite the Jets, like Seattle, finishing 10-6 last season. Not sure where the QB situation is at either, I hear Geno Smith, but I’m not sure how the teams’ negotiations with Ryan Fitzpatrick are going, or if there is any dialogue between the two. Now we’re at the bye week. Extra week to get healthy rested and make any personnel changes. Hopefully at 4-0, we won’t need any changes.



After the bye week we host the Atlanta Falcons. After last year the Falcons are kind of a head-scratcher. Starting the 2015 season 5-0, then being 6-2 through eight games had to give the Falcon fans some hope. Going exactly the opposite (2-6) over the final eight had to hurt. I’m saying a Seahawks home victory.

 

The Seahawks then go on their longest road stint (?). Two games on the road. At the Cardinals on Sunday Night, then at the Saints. The Cardinals will be tough again. The Seahawks best hope here, in my opinion, is that the old men, Larry Fitzgerald and Carson Palmer, start feeling their age. I’ve always thought Palmer was a bit of a “softy” with glass ankles, but he seems to be getting more resilient as he ages. Fitzgerald is just Fitz. Hard to say anything negative about this guy, but I do hope he retires soon. We then go to New Orleans for our second (and last!!) 10:00 am start. With Brees also getting to the twilight of his career (37 yrs old), I’m counting on this one as a win.



We then have our one Monday Night game of the year against the Buffalo Bills. Another AFC East team that I don’t know much about.  After going 8-8 last season with a QB I’d never heard of, it’s hard to guess this team. They’ll be tough, as most Rex Ryan coached teams are, and Rex has brought his brother Rob in this year, which should be interesting. Still, I see this as a win considering how the Seahawks seem to love the prime time games.



I can easily see the Seahawks being 7-1, or possibly 8-0 at the midway point of the season. The Cardinals game, in my opinion, could tell us a lot.



I will be previewing weeks 10-17 tomorrow. Of note, of the last eight games, the Seahawks are in prime time three times. This is interesting, as they seem to play up to the audience. Two of those three are at the Clink, which is always a madhouse for the National games. The road night game is against the Patriots, and we all know there’s a score to settle there!



Until tomorrow…………….GO HAWKS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment